Sunday, July 29, 2007

swamp thing

Yesterday was the first time I saw the ground immediately turn to mush right when the rain started.

I'm on the email list for the Soup Peddler (souppeddler.com), and even though I've yet to place my first order I L-O-V-E the little quirky letter he writes when he emails out that week's menu. This week he summed up perfectly the state of Austin after our endless rain. He writes:

"Greetings from soggy South Austin, where front lawns resemble bright green spreads of squishy tundra tussock instead of the crunchy, desiccated fire ant pits that they normally should be. We feel at least partially at fault because of our ceaseless prayers for soup weather... perhaps we have inadvertently bollixed up the weather machinery up there. Alas."

Even if you don't live in Austin, his mailing list is well worth the time it takes to read it.

I'm not sure if we will get more rain today. Probably so....

No comments: