Saturday, December 31, 2005

baby penguins.

Joey drinks a LOT of orange juice. Right now, the brand I buy has a promotional tie in with the movie "The March of the Penguins". There is a cartoonish mommy and baby penguin on the carton. I was pouring Joey his juice, and he started weeping. I asked him what was up, and he said the baby penguin was sad and it made him sad. I looked at the picture, and said, I thought the mommy was just holding him up and helping him learn to walk. The baby wasn't sad. But he stuck to the story and actually, when you look at it, the baby does look a little worried.

He started sobbing a little more, and I tried several ways of making him realize it was not a bad deal for the baby. Ultimately Joey asked to have the photo taped over (only the mommy's face) for some reason. Then things were bearable.

weird.

No comments: