Monday, April 21, 2008

River Girl


I had a big epiphany while laying on my back in the middle of this river Saturday.

I am a river girl. My mom and sister in law are really beach girls, and don't get me wrong, I love the beach.... but in my heart, I'm happiest in a Texas Hill Country River.

I was laying next to a little waterfall on a rock in the middle of the Blanco on Saturday afternoon. I felt the warm sun, the cold water, saw the blue sky with big hawks circling overhead. Heard the rushing water and birds and frogs. Felt the breeze blow by. It was absolutely perfect. The water was crystal clear. And there was no buring sun, or sand in my swimsuit.

I had so much fun that I've decided to act on a plan I formed a couple of years ago. Here is my flyer, it goes out this week:


Butts Up!

Please join your buddies for the “First Annual Moms Only Before the Kids are Out of School For the Whole Summer River Trip”

When? Friday May 16 (if raining, we’ll go May 30)

Time? We drop off the kids at school at 7:45 and start driving to the River at 7:46. We’ll head back in time to pick up our little ones by 2:45.

Where do we meet? Near the BW parking lot

Bring? $15 for tube rental + $20 for tube deposit + a bit extra just in case, cooler (Styrofoam not allowed!), beverages, food to share potluck style for lunch, camp chair, hat, sunscreen, towel, river shoes, and your funky self!

Who can come? Fun moms, the more the merrier! Forward this.

What if I have to work? Call in sick!


4 comments:

Julie said...

Curse you being so far away!

Anyway, we have our first ever elementary school field day that day, so I may be watching kindergarteners run relays.

Unknown said...

Gosh, how sexist... can't dads come too?

Kathy said...

nope.

Christi (Hutchins) Dick said...

Kathy,
I'm with you all the way, River Girl. Beaches are a good secondary water body, but RIVERS RAWK!
Something good happens to me, deep inside my gut, when I'm near a Hill Country River.
Christi