Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Hope everyone has a nice, sweet Valentine's day. Joey had his party yesterday, and I want to know when Valentines Day became so candy oriented for the kids. I mean, we used to get the tiny boxes of 4 Whitman's Sampler Chocolates, or a little heart shaped box of candy with a Snoopy stuffed character on the box from Mom and Dad or Grandma, but today the candy is out like Halloween. Individually packaged Valentine's skittles??? Huh???

Joey experienced his Valentine's party yesterday. I was supposed to be there, but I was at my first day of Architecture work in NINE YEARS! I am starting a very part time job, with a very flexible office. I'll report in when I have no children, which limits me on a good week to Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings for about two and a half hours a shot. On weeks with Teacher Inservice Days, Teacher Conference Days, or Holidays (seems like every week these days) I'll work fewer hours (like 2.5). I'm really getting myself geared up for next year. Joey will be in school M-F 9-1 and we need some cash to renovate the house.

We plan to add two bedrooms and two baths to the back where we currently have one big family room. David discovered something interesting last Saturday, if you push the exterior wall of the gameroom (added to enclose what must have been the garage that it used to be), anyway when you push the wall, it moves about a half an inch. Hmmmm... guess we better get on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIRST DAY AT WORK?! you will have to change your tag line on this blog "I used to be an Architect. . ." hope your first day at work was fun and that the other kids played nice. congrats my dear girl.