Monday, April 03, 2006

What Happens in Kerrville Stays in Kerrville

OK, time to tell you a smidgeon about our most recent girlfriend trip, ParTay '06, because really, we can't divulge too much. I will brag and say this was a very good year.

My good buddies, Mary K, Julie K, Missy K and I headed out as soon as the last child was dropped off at school on Friday morning. And we didn't return home until Sunday evening. In between we picked up right where we left off after our last visit, as though we had just seen each other the weekend before. This year's featured city was Kerrville, generally Southwest of Austin, smack dab in the middle of the Hill Country.

We spent Friday in Fredricksberg for shopping and eating at the Peachtree Tea Room. And we met our first friend of the trip, Kenny the Waiter. He seemed to take especially good care of us, so we decided to visit him more than once during the trip. It helped that he also reserved special slices of Collin Cake for us on Saturday. Yum. Any more info about Kenny is classified.

You can look through the photos for other declassified info about the trip. Beyond that, I'll just say that getting away with these girls is good for my soul. I never laugh so hard as I do the weekends we get together, and it never fails that at some point during our annual ParTay Weekends, I nearly wet my pants laughing.

It is very important for Mommy to play with her friends, and I'm so lucky to have these girls to hang with.....

No comments: