We are getting ready for our annual Girls Get Away Weekend! I leave on Friday with my old buddies, Missy K, Julie K, Mary K to Kerrville Texas. This is our 6th annual trip. Each year there is an exchange of small gifts and last year I decided to make a mix cd for the girls. This year I've already got the tunes lined up and even made liner notes for the cds!
Kathy’s Liner Notes
Par-tay Road Trip Tunes ‘06
1. Parti Week End (joe king carasco): I can’t think of a better song with a more perfect title to start our weekend. Joe King Carasco was the king of Austin frat parties when I got to UT.
2. Bang Bang: (Kelly Willis) Kathy’s current favorite song!
3. Everybody Wants You: (Billy Squire) EHHS Seniors ’83! Woooooo!
4. Copacabana: (Barry Manilow) Contributed by Missy, in honor of my kiss with Mr. Manilow
5. On a Slow Boat to China: (Bette Midler and Barry Manilow) Barry’s current work, with the Devine Miss M. I can hear his luscious voice in the speaking parts….My tap teacher uses this in class!
6. Don’t Be Ashamed of Your Age: (Willie Nelson) Willie knows… “Don’t mind the gray in your hair, just think of all the fun you had getting it there”
7. Sweet Tequila Blues:(Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez) In honor of Julie Kay’s clearance for booze
8. Wild Women: *(Francine Reed) Because we are.
9. When You’re Good to Mama: (Chicago Soundtrack) Because par-tay weekends are…
10. You Shook Me All Night Long: (AC/DC) Missy Kay contribution, EHHS favorite. If only Jeff Gurley was here to dance like Angus.
11. No One Like You: (Scorpions) Mary called me and held her phone next to the radio to check if this was a good song for our mix. Yes, it is.
12. Dance: Ten, Looks: Three (aka “Tits and Ass”): (Chorus Line Soundtrack) Another of Mary’s contributions, the girl who won Best Bod at the 20th reunion, hmmm…
13. One In a Million You: (Larry Graham) EHHS Fling rehearsals, every night, over and over…
14. Killer Queen: (Queen) 70’s pop contributed by Kathy
15. Strange Magic: (ELO) ditto
16. Further: (Katy Moffatt) Kathy’s current favorite slow song
17. When the Sun Goes Down: (Kenny Chesney) one of Mary’s requests from Par-tay ’05 I couldn’t find at the time, but it’s here now!
18. Dazz: (Brick) 70’s Disco, yeah!
19. Tell Me Something Good: (Rufus and Chaka Khan) Missy’s disco favorite
20. Little Less Conversation: (Elvis Presley) Encore from Par-tay ’05 CD
21. Chain of Fools: (Aretha Franklin) Missy’s R&B
22. Mama’s Always on Stage: (Arrested Development) For overworked Mamas who need a break, and the people who support her getting one
I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE!!!!