Wednesday, November 09, 2005

politics is local

Just a thought on yesterday's election. Proposition 2 passed, making Texas a state that passes a constitutional amendment that TAKES AWAY rights for a minority. I'm waiting to see if my home county (Travis) bucked the trend and voted against the amendment. The amendment was mean spirited and doesn't even do anything, since the fundamentalists already made gay marriage illegal last year.

The interesting twist is that the state can no longer recognize anything resembling or identical to marriage..... like..... marriage!!!!!

One of my good friends in Washington wrote me an email today:

"congrats on being a single gal again -  and no messy divorce!"
Yee Haw!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm proud of my hometown, home county actually, we were the only one in the whole state who voted down Prop 2. 60% against it.