Monday, May 09, 2005

Haggy Motrs Day

OK, even I'm getting sick of celebrating me. Since Thursday, I've had lots of attention, so much that I'm feeling a little guilty. The birthday was Thursday, Anniversary was Friday. Yesterday, my girlfriends enjoyed margaritas with me at El Arroyo. Then today was Mother's Day.

I decided to let my poor husband off the hook and told him that we would do something for his mom today, dinner and a small gift. I was satisfied with all my birthday stuff. Darling David still treated me nice, letting me skip church and taking all the kids with him so that I could read the whole Sunday paper on the couch in a quiet house.

When the family got home, Joey came to me on the couch, grabbed both my cheeks and said, "Mommy, you're so sweet". Max gave me a handmade card that said, "Haggy Motrs Day" because the P's in happy were written backwards. David had fun calling me Haggy Mother. Emma's card spelled out the word M-O-T-H-E-R inside with the following words to illustrate me....
Morvolis mom!!!!!!!
Ousum mother!!!!!!
The best one ever!!!!!!
Heroic to all kids!!!!!!
Extra special!!!!!
Relly nice to everyone!!!!

Made my day, I'll just have to hang on to this proof of love for one of our future fights during her teen years!
Haggy Motrs Day to all you moms reading this!

No comments: